“RESTful call” in practice just means making an HTTP request. There are a couple of built-in modules in Python that let you do this:
Then there are 3rd-party modules, like the one mentioned by @Issac (which, based on my very limited experience with urllib2 and httplib, looks much better than them for your purposes).
Slumber is a RESTful data connector that can be used to make proper RESTful data services from Django systems.
- Django – Import views from separate apps
- How can I schedule a Task to execute at a specific time using celery?
- Django. Error message for login form
- Django static files on heroku
- TimeField format in Django template