According to this post on the mailing list, the source hasn’t been released, and it doesn’t look like it will be.
I’d be interested in seeing the code as well.
The Django Book is now available in sources (both examples and book content in reStructuredText):
$ svn co http://djangobook.com/svn/trunk/en
I read book and try examples without leaving Emacs!!
NOTE book was originally published by Apress in 2009 and covered Django version 1.0. Since then it has languished and, in places, is extremely out of date
- How to cache requirements for a Django project on Travis-CI?
- Django: set cookie on test client?
- Django South Error: AttributeError: 'DateTimeField' object has no attribute 'model'`
There’s a free, and fully supported, Django package that we built to have the same functionality as the Django Book site.
That codebase is used on several publicly-available websites, such at http://connectmv.com/tutorials
We do our best to maintain this package, so please give it a try and send us your feedback.
- Django – reverse query name clash
- How to show more than 100 items on each paginated "Change List" page in Django Admin?
- About index and primary key in SQL?
- How can I automatically let syncdb add a column (no full migration needed)
- Uncaught ReferenceError: django is not defined
Remark box is built on the same principles as the DjangoBook comment system, its a free service for small sites.
Their front page has a live demo http://www.remarkbox.com/
- External django redirect with POST parameters
- Django Test Client post() returns 302 despite error on view's post()
- Why does Django South 1.0 use iteritems()?
- Remove padding from matplotlib plotting
- Pycharm Can't retrieve image ID from build stream
there is also commentpress, a similar comment model for wordpressm made by the institute for the future of the book http://www.futureofthebook.org/commentpress/
- What does it mean for an object to be unscriptable?
- How to get field names when running plain sql query in django
- Error Map Keys Must be unique while using YAML extension field in docker compose for django application
I think you’re looking for Open Book Platform (Chinese)
Its author, limodou, made a clone of the Django Book platform very early on.
- Django: Duplicated logic between properties and queryset annotations
- Colorizing the output of Django tests
- Dynamically loading django apps at runtime