The project I found is below:
The project uses psaml2 for SAML support. Pysaml2 can be found here:
Bear in mind that djangosaml2 may not use the latest version of pysaml2. I tested it and its working fine.
djangosaml2 works with latest version of
pysaml2, but make sure to add this line to make it work:
SESSION_SERIALIZER = 'django.contrib.sessions.serializers.PickleSerializer'
This should be in your
SAML is two sides:
- IDP -> Identity Provider side -> i.e. the university
- SP -> Service Provider -> i.e. your application
Sounds like this one is what you want: https://github.com/WiserTogether/django-saml2-sp.
You have to take into account that SAML as a standard is complex, so you might find issues getting the library talk to the SAML implementation in the university. You will also have to get from them the identity provider cert public key and ask them to add your application on their side with a specific entity id. And when you start managing a couple of them it gets complex.
- How can I make SSE with Python (Django)?
- Inline in Django admin: has no ForeignKey
- Django admin – select reverse foreign key relationships (not create, I want to add available)
- Annotate django query if filtered row exists in second table
- Can't login to Django /admin interface
Hi I just created a django saml2 authentication plugin.
It’s quite easy to integrate with your SAML2 provider, hope you enjoy.
- Django – Import views from separate apps
- Python and sqlite3 – importing and exporting databases
- How do I construct a Django form with model objects in a Select widget?
- Using a Django variable in a CSS file
This library is actively maintained: https://github.com/onelogin/python3-saml/tree/master/demo-django
- How to convert request.user into a proxy auth.User class?
- Django collectstatic no such file or directory
- 'WSGIRequest' object has no attribute 'get'
- Django's get_current_language always returns "en"
As far as I checked the current repos, this one is working and maintained properly: